Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Lesson in Confidence

I think a lot of times newbie solitary pagans hide behind books because there is a lack of confidence to practice.

When I first began six years ago, I did a few basic spells and were delighted that they worked. But the confidence to live a pagan life wasn't there. I wasn't surrounded by like minded people, I didn't know tons about the craft, so I retreated back to the books in hopes of one day getting the cosmic go ahead to practice again.

Fast forward to this year. Last week was rough, not only for me but for everyone in my office. Our boss was on a warpath and was wrecking peace wherever he went. After he made my good friend cry at her desk, I knew it was time for something to be done.

"I'm a Witch, damn it," I muttered to myself as I searched for a lighter. "I can do something about this."

And so I did. I borrowed a lighter from a friend, lit my Goddess candle that I keep at my desk and on a post-it wrote a quick peace spell. The spell went:

A time for everything
Everything in its place
Remove this negativity 
And put peace in its place. 

I then closed my eyes, slowed my breathing and mentally built up energy. I visualized the negative energy flowing into my body and peace flowing out. In and out. In and out. The whole time, I silently chanted my spell. I sent tendrils of peace to my friend who was hiding in her office, and peace to my boss who desperately needed it.

After a few minutes, I took the paper with the spell and ripped it up, and then blew out the Goddess candle. Again, I visualized the tendrils of peaceful smoke moving through the office, touching everyone that had come in contact with my boss.

I then went about my day, trying to keep my friend calm and continue to be peaceful and positive to my boss.

Later on that night, my friend called me into her office.

"Did you see Boss in here?" she asked, her voice hushed. I shook my head no. "Yeah, he came in here and apologized. Can you believe it? He's never apologized for anything before!!"  She was right. Our boss is not the type to say sorry. I was shocked myself!

We chatted and she was once again happy. The boss seemed to be in a very calm and pleasant mood when I left that night. So the spell worked. Everyone was happy again. And I had proven to myself that I do in fact have what it takes to practice daily and whenever needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment