Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 1- Retrospection

It's silly, but I never know what to write when I blog.

This blog is about my pagan living, and I'm constantly thinking about my spirituality. But when it comes down to writing...I draw a blank. Hmmm....

Last night I began Scott Cunningham's Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner. This week, I'm doing page 13's exercise of visualizing energy from the sun and the moon. I bought this book years ago when I was just arbitrarily collecting Wicca items, and am now glad that I did. His writing style is super easy to understand and follow along.

This morning, I woke up after a deep sleep and sat at the edge of the bed. I closed my eyes and chanted "Let the sun fill me" silently over and over again. While chanting, I imagined the sun poring through my window and the rays gently going over me repeatedly. I imagined myself warming...how the sun would feel on my toes, my face, my arm. It was actually a really peaceful visualization and I'm glad I did it.
Frankie enjoying the sun with me...
excuse the mess, I've been sick! LOL

Tonight, I will do the same with the moon. Per Cunningham, at the end of the 7 days I will create an offering to the God and the Goddess.

This also ties into the study guide I'm following as the first lesson is about the God and the Goddess. :)

I love my spirituality. I love thinking about it throughout the day and being excited to do something new. I'm glad I'm on this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment